2003 set forth a series of life altering events, that can't to a peak in 2006 when my life almost ended. 22yrs later there's times that it feels like yesterday and then an entire life ago like it didn't even happen.
I don't know if I should have ever come to the PNW or if I should have gone to Philadelphia, Salem, or New Orleans as planned. I never meant to set down the roots I did. It was only supposed to be a stepping stone. And in the first 3yrs I should have maybe returned to California, or continued on. But my mental health took a swan dive and well 18yrs later...
I wish that I could just go back and resume my life in Cali sometimes. But my friend group has grown, and moved away from one another. There's almost 2 decades worth of memories I've missed out on, inside jokes, why this person isn't talking with that person, etc. Where i believe i could just plop back in, logistically i know I couldn't. The family is have left in So. Cal I'm not in touch with any longer, and I'm home sick for a place that no longer exists.













0 comments:
Post a Comment