We hear a lot of people talking about "balance" or "finding balance" but we never have any direct examples or guided steps in finding balance. It's because balance is not a physical tangible thing that you can just go to the store and purchase. Balance is a way of life. Of finding that halfway point between two situations. For instance, the whole "work, homelife, balance" this is the thought or idea that you need to have a mundane life that is just as valuable as your 9 to 5 life. Many of us over prioritize the 9 to 5 life because we are in the mindset that we have to work hard in order to have a good life. And where that is mildly true, it also takes away from our ability to have a life worth living.
Balance is something that we all lack, be it in our diet, our life, our spirituality, or whatever. I know that I myself am terribly unbalanced in many areas of my life. My home needs to be balanced, yet instead of doing the dishes from the last 4 days, I'm sitting in front of my computer typing this out. Instead of washing and putting away my clothes, after this I'm going to curl up in bed and watch the next episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (of which I have seen like 40 times since it aired). And prior to writing this, I made a 10-minute video on TikTok and a 43-minute video on YouTube. I also need to go water the yard (something I haven't done at all this summer) but why am I telling you this instead of doing the things listed above? Well that is because of my chemical imbalance (ADD/ADHD/Mental Health/Physical Health/Dopamine/Lack of Reward for effort)
My spiritual life (something i very rarely ever talk about because of it being a very personal thing for me and something that I don't wish to share on my Hello Cupcake It's Me platform) is totally out of balance too. But what am I doing to bring balance back into my life? I am taking active steps to stay busy throughout the day to the best of my ability. I am trying to keep my mind as well as my emotions regulated (something very hard to do nowadays with the climate of the nation the way that it is) and just trying to make it from minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day. Am I making any progress in that, yes and no. But the fact that even through some of my imbalances, I am still trying, still pushing forward, and still attempting to do something meaningful I think needs to be apricated to a degree...right? *crickets*
But what looks like balance for me, may not be what it looks like for you, and thats ok. Everyone's goal line is different, and just as important. Just because finds no value in what you are currently doing, or what you are able to accomplish with what you have available to you at this moment doesn't take away from the fact that you are finding value in it. With some minor exceptions to that, like drinking, doing drugs, etc. because that only leads to bad things for you and are not good.
Find your balance. Put as much effort into the "suck" as you do the "awesome". Yeah no one wants to do the shitty sucky things in life, but when balanced out, it does help to feel better about yourself and the events of the day.












0 comments:
Post a Comment