Recently my doctor of the last almost 13 years retired, and in doing so I was transferred to a new PCP. I have already had one negative interaction with this doctor and I thought "well just let me give them another chance" because I was sick at the time and thought that maybe I was just being a asshole and because I wasn't feeling well that I maybe just didn't give a proper chance for them to treat me.
This turned out not to be the case. I was told upon our reintroduction during my first appointment, that they planned on changing my entire medication and treatment plans, even though a decade of treatment by their colleagues led to this course of action. "It's my medical license on the line and I am not going to have my name on these prescriptions, I've see what long term use of them leads to and my sister's over dosed on them and I am not comfortable with them and therefor will not be continuing with them and we will be switching them..." Now I do not pretend to know more than the doctor, however, I do know my body, my reactions, and what does and doesn't work for me and I am not willing to be steam rolled and forced into taking or doing a course of treatment that I am not willing to undergo just because they are not ok with it based on previous biases.
So, I will be shopping around for a new doctor, one that is not going to dismiss my input, and the things that i have been told by other doctors my whole life. Ive got to be my own self advocate and stand up for myself. And I just am going to continue to do my best while I try to find myself new care!












0 comments:
Post a Comment