If you have been following me or any of my social media for any period of time now you will know that I have a very negative connection between cleaning and childhood trauma. Cleaning and being tidy was always used as a form of corporal punishment, and so while doing any type of self-maintenance it always has brought up horrible negative emotions and memories connected to that time in my life where cleaning was a mandatory punishment. There was never anything "good" associated with it. And therefore, it ranks very, very low on my list of priorities to accomplish let alone even do.
So, the fact that I am actively working on trying to keep things up and going and taking active steps in doing routine tasks is something that I am kind of proud of. At the time of writing this, I just spent the previous 45 minutes straightening up my kitchen, picking things up off the ground, washing dishes, and throwing things away. There is no end to the countless tasks that I can be working on right now, especially the desk that I am currently sitting at. My office area looks like god damn it to hell and there's a bunch of trash and random stuff on the floor under my desk, and the whole top of it could be better organized. I also need to set up my new external monitor better, and ger my Mac Airbook a place of its own and try to consolidate all 3 laptops that are jockeying for position on my small desk, a space of their own. But one step at a time.












0 comments:
Post a Comment